Reporting the Results
Reporting the Results [CSR Reporting]
More than 90% of the world's largest companies formally report their corporate social responsibilities. Smart companies do not brag about their achievements, but they do know that publicizing their progress can benefit themselves and their stakeholders.
They also know that the road to stakeholder trust and loyalty is through honesty. This requires reporting a balanced look at the organization's accomplishments and areas for improvement. Of course, it can be difficult to ensure this balance while also appealing to needs of different audiences.
A corporate responsibility reporting strategy delivers reports that are relevant and useful to your business and its stakeholders while ensuring truth and credibility. It starts with an understanding of your objectives and your audiences. It culminates in publicized CSR commitments & results and an authentic invitation for feedback from stakeholders.
Many formal reports are based on international standards from organizations such as the Global Reporting Initiative, AccountAbility, and the International Organization for Standardization. Reporting can also go beyond formal measures, and include such things as product labels and marketing messages.
Provictus helps you align your messages to the needs of your audiences and choose the best instruments to communicate those messages. We help you design communication methods that ensure quality, authenticity, and timeliness. We help you create systems to ensure accurate and effective measurement of the information you are reporting. And most important, we help you use your reporting to connect with stakeholders, solicit their feedback, and earn their trust.
Our consultants bring in-depth knowledge of reporting best practices, pitfalls, and international standards. They will lead you through the full process to produce authentic reporting systems:
- Identifying your purpose, objectives, and audiences
- Creating management roles and responsibilities
- Incorporating relevant third-party reporting standards
- Accurately measuring your progress against your commitments
- Seeking input from stakeholders
- Articulating your key messages and responses
- Communicating / delivering your report to stakeholders
- Following-up and creating dialogue with stakeholders
A well-established reporting strategy delivers relevant, engaging, and interesting content and opens up dialogue with stakeholders. Some of the benefits include:
- Greater interest and trust from stakeholders as you demonstrate your commitments, your actions, and your plans for the future
- Enhanced reputation and attention from media and analysts
- Differentiation of the organization against its competitors
- Raised awareness of the organization and a better ability to attract prospective customers and talented employees
- Greater employee motivation and stakeholder support for your corporate responsibility initiatives
- Valuable feedback about your efforts which can be used to further gauge your performance and improve your initiatives
Are you doing good things? Spread the word! And in doing so, encourage great things from yourself, your customers, your employees, and others that are important to you. Contact us now to create a corporate responsibility reporting strategy that actually makes your business stronger.